Thursday, January 12, 2006

UDDI Registry And tModels

For the past few days I have been scratching my head on how to describe the services that I will put in the DynaSOAr registry for the dynamic distributed query processing work. I have been exploring GRIMOIRES as a possible option. It provides a GShell interface to interact with the registry and alternatively the UDDIBrowser can be used to browse the contents and publish/query entries in the registry. Unfortunately, UDDIBrowser contains minimal (rather no) documentation which led to several problems in publishing new entries, especially tModels. A google search led me to this article on tModels - I found it quite useful. I have a clearer idea on describing the services to be exposed by the registry - specially, identifying the code store repository from where the service code can be fetched in case of dynamic deployment, and also information about the service or the virtual machine image...

I still have problems with GRIMOIRES, which I think is possibly a bug in the UDDI server - because similar steps against jUDDI were successful.

No comments: