Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Old, but still gold

It's about ten years old, but still worth reading - an essay by Neal Stephenson (author of the Snow Crash) - "In the beginning there was the command line".

PS: Whatever Neal writes in the essay and despite how well, I still love my Powerbook G4. Apple has come a long way since those memory-problems when improper memory handling caused them to crash...Lookwise, Powerbooks, iBooks and iMacs are sleek, actually resembling sleek luxury cars, performance-wise they seem to be superior to the windows machines I use. But yes, you need to know how to drive before you start driving a Jaguar, don't you?

1 comment:

Casa Juillet said...

Yeah, but the keyboard ? Seems to be glued, in comparison with pc keyboards; if you type real quick, they cannot keep it up with your fingers, am I right?
And the prices ! Real expensive, for half the things a common low budget pc could give.
I have 6 apples and 20 pc, so perhaps I am not jealous of those apples some people loves (>?>+) so much...
Bye.