Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A step closer to the fully dynamic DQP

The guys from EPCC mentioned that they are trying to create a lighter version of OGSA-DAI which would be readily deployable within a container - as a WAR file. This is a good news for me. So far, deploying OGSA-DAI was a rather complicated process - first you had to deploy OGSA-DAI, then add a data service, then create a data service resource and finally add the resource to the service - as a result of which, I wasn't able to deploy OGSA-DAI on the fly on a node where the data resides. Now that this version of OGSA-DAI will be available (soon), I will move one step closer to the concept of "moving code to the data" - because I already have a version of DQP which can deploy my evaluator services on-the-fly, and I am now adding the code to deploy the analysis services on-the-fly as well.

The code is mostly ready, but I can't test it because since yesterday for some reason, some machines in the giga-cluster are down or unreachable:-(

No comments: